Sunday, September 17, 2006

This is poem-ish... spoken word folk music I think! I wrote this in Guatemala, it's kinda awful, kinda halrious...just wanted to tell about this awesome drunk guy in my bar one night and his good advice...

He looked at me with bleary eyes and said he had just one piece of advice...
You've got to EAT the world, Stephanie
and I said I try and he said no...
You've got to EAT the world,
and I said alright...
He leaned forward and I could smell the gin, but I could tell he was serious and he said it again
You've got to eat the world!
Where I had been wary before, I now saw something more...
he was a soul-searcher, a traveler, his accents a mess,
he worshipped his moments, treated life like a quest
I quit smiling at him and looked in his eyes, then I smiled with him and then ate his advice
Take it and cook it however you like
Change is a must cuz we all love the spice
Some things gotta sit, til their time is ripe
Then we tear into life with big juicy bites

1 comment:

gato&spoons said...

oh yes, this poem is complete brilliance. i will write it and post it somewhere for all to see. you are hilarious. i saw something today that reminded me of you, but i cant remember what it was, if i could call i would have. damn.